How To Wear A Silk Saree Perfectly Step By Step Tutorial
How To Wear Saree: Trendy Saree Wearing Styles
Follow these style tips given below- Mysore silk sarees can flatter any body type. Therefore, curvier women can wear this saree when they are going to a party or any ethnic occasion. Instead of wearing an Anarkali, opt for a Mysore silk saree for a graceful look. Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
- We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize.
- Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
- We understand that you may have a gorgeous collection of heavy silk sarees or fancy stone/metal work sarees.
This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu. This sophisticated look is ideal for work wear and family functions. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree.
Pick The Right Heels
That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas. For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice. Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style. If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick. This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly. The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts.
- Make sure the petticoat is never visible beneath the saree or at the foot.
- This awesome Marathi style saree is also known as the Nauvari saree drape.
- On an off-shoulder blouse, ladies often get confused.
- Khadi, Cotton, Tusshar, Linen are some of the best material choices for a professional saree.
- So opt for smaller prints, as they flow better with the fabric and make you look leaner and taller.
- Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style.
We all know, draping a saree to look slim is not easy. A drape can change the overall look of your saree attire.
So, let’s discuss today what are the problems faced by a woman when she decides to wear a saree to a professional situation like our offices and business meetings.
- When wearing a cold-shoulder, you can pull out your pallu from the cutout for a dramatic look.
- With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
- One of them is sporting a saree with stunning off-shoulder blouses.
- Too much jewelry or too little can also make you look shorter.
It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good. Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree. Ensure the blouse is very well tailored and fits perfectly pin up promo code.
Learn How to Wear Fish Cut Style Saree: Step by Step
Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step. Plus, a win-win for the Indian beauty that you’ll look. We at Bewakoof believe that sarees are trendy, gorgeous and modern and can be worn on both casual and formal occasions.
- Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
- However, with passing time, we witnessed various style enhancement.
- This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape.
When we’re learning how to drape a saree to look slim, we need to first figure which type of saree can be incorporated in our fashion statement. In this article, we’ve included a little bit about saree draping styles to look slim. This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step.
Check out the 6 saree hacks that every woman should know to look elegant and stylish in any saree.
A fresh take on the Maharashtrian saree, the dhoti saree is twisted over pants to give off that fusion vibe. Not only the draping style but the blouse can be played with too, team it up with a flared, off-shoulder blouse and walk it all with oomph and style. You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton. With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
- The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
- It should not be too tight, as anything that is not comfortable will not make you feel and look good.
- Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns.
- This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion.
- The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels.
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
Basically, big prints cover more space, which is the first reason why you shouldn’t opt for them in a sari. They make you look broader than you are, and there won’t be a ‘break’ in the pattern.
Saree Wearing Styles For Parties
The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels. To get the saree tucked properly, you should use a handful of safety pins . For darping a saree perfectly, you must keep these things in mind. You can either go with a stick-on bra or a strapless bra. Both of these are great to sport dresses that are backless, strapless, off-shoulder etc. When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.
- A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age.
- Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- To ease things down, such ladies can use a couple of tricks.
- If traditional is what you want to retain, drape this saree the conventional way and wear it with an off shoulder, or fit-n-flair top.
Also, if customization makes your heart tick, don’t forget to check the width of the fabric! You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees. Sarees can be worn everyday, but when you’re dolling up for a wedding your saree can be your secret weapon to nailing a great wedding look. The fish cut style saree is distinctive majorly because of its petticoat. This petticoat is fitted at the waist and flares at the bottom, which highlights your shape. As you may have already guessed, it is the petticoat that steals the show.
Learn How to Tie a Saree Perfectly to Look Slim-
The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive. Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days. Off-late, many innovative saree draping styles are coming into focus.
But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too. Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
A Saree with a Jacket
When it comes to off-shoulder blouses, the fitting of it becomes essential so that even when it sleeves slide from its place, the bodice can support the entire piece. We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match. Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes. We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies. You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree.
- All you need to do is fix your pallu at a place where you will have maximum support.
- On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.
- Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand.
- Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree.
Whereas the introduction of Mysore silk sarees was done by Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Raj Vadhiyar who travelled to London to attend Queen Victoria’s Jubilee Celebration. He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore. He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees. Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
Indo Western Saree Draping Styles-
– Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side. If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
- Add a denim twist to your look and take it up a notch by draping a saree over a pair of jeans.
- It is very important to drape it properly because of it’s smooth texture.
- If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree!
- We strongly suggest silk or lycra petticoats in the perfect match.
- It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly.
A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree. Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree. Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically. Here’s a short video illustrating the Bengali atpourey style of draping sarees. Cinching your sari with a logo buckle belt or an obi belt is a fail-safe approach. Pleat and pin up your pallu, and swap the necklace with earrings instead to complete this look.
How To Keep The Sleeves In Place?
Light Pearl neck wears, and simple gold and platinum jewelry are easily accepted. Pin up the saree with the pallu firmly and do not leave it hanging.
- But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders.
- You can also try out specific sarees for short ladies while you’re out shopping for your blouses.
- Do try something funky – A printed petticoat might look very exciting with a very transparent saree.
- In this method, the possibility of pleats unfolding is less and the pin in the middle ensures that they are arranged nicely.
It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure. Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture. This will prevent the pin from accidentally tearing the saree during a sudden pull or jerk.
The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs. Primarily clean and neatly organized hair is the symbol of a corporate woman. It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly. We understand that you may have a gorgeous collection of heavy silk sarees or fancy stone/metal work sarees.
Mysore Silk Sarees come from the most famous silk-producing district in Karnataka called Mysore. About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself. Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs.
Saree Draping Styles To Look Slim
These expensive but gloriously attractive sarees come in handy especially in the wedding season. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
Yes, you’re cute and fun-sized but being a short girl comes with its own set of problems. Especially when it comes to wearing Indian wear, particularly a saree. But a few clever styling tricks and tips can solve this problem.
Choose The Right Fabric!
A unique feature of the saree is that different regions have their own saree draping styles. But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring. One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
- Style Tips for Wearing a Mysore Silk SareeAll women love Mysore silk sarees.
- You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket.
- – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.
- There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above.
- Spice your look with a fitted graphic tee acting as the blouse.
You can create the full effect by wearing your favorite shirt and knotting it in the front or back to show off that midriff. Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari. Roll up those sleeves when sporting plaid and throw in some killer shades.
Style Tips: 6 saree hacks every woman should know
It would give you the exact height and would never need readjustments. Too much jewelry or too little can also make you look shorter. Add statement pieces to your look that’ll only make the entire ensemble look longer. Just make sure you don’t add a necklace, ring, earrings, and bangles all at once. If you’re wearing a neckpiece, go lighter on the ears and so on. Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape.
- Initially, these sarees were more prominently used among the royal families.
- – If you are tall, go for a saree with bigger borders.
- The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here.
- It truly is up to your imagination to create one of the kind draping styles, these are just a few examples.
This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree. What if you could combine the ease of wearing a pair of jeans with the elegant look of the saree?
How to Pinup Saree Perfectly: – To get the perfect look in the saree, use the right type and place of pins
It goes a long way in being able to flaunt that shape. Now, remember – the diaphanous sarees are meant to be flaunted. Flaunt your curves in the transparent saree, which is probably the most sensuous garment ever.
- Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step.
- Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
- Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best.
- Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step.
- The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes.
Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face. Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree. On the off-chance that you really want some prints on your saree, then you can definitely go for vertical stripes.